I know I haven’t done a written post in a while, but that’s because I’ve been putting together some podcasts that I hope you all can listen to! First I want to talk about a few things that have been awesome lately... and then a couple rants I have- one being really important.
So- things I’m loving:
- As I’ve said before, that my computer can read articles to me--but this time, the WAY it reads some words. My favorite is “Paleo”, which it reads “Pahh-lee-oh”. Also, if anyones types “xoxo” it reads it as “Sockza” Haha, explain that to me. And just to let you know, I imagine you all in real life sounding like a computer robot since I have the computer speak your blog posts lol.
- Brussell Sprouts. Really! I love vegetables and they are a new way to incorporate more variety.
- Full fat coconut milk: Check it out- here I mixed it with spaghetti squash and cinnamon... so bomb:
- The fact that I still got some high-intensity workouts while I was traveling to Nashville last week. Also met up with my man JC there, who owns www.JCDfitness.com.
- My swims the week before last--I swam over 15,000yds! Hoping to repeat that this week
- I signed up for 2 races next month- The Gasparilla half marathon on March 4th and the Ocala HITS Half Ironman triathlon on March 25th! I really need these to test my readiness for Boston so I’m really looking forward to it! Not thrilled that I have to race against my coach though... but at least he’s not in my age group!
- FEARLESS NUTRITION RADIO! The podcast I have started with a friend of mine. We did our bios in the first episode and had an interview with expert Sean Croxton last week. Pretty cool that we’ve been able to line up some VERY acclaimed and esteemed guests to interview!
- I ate bacon.. no really! For the first in my life and all on my own! Here I made bacon wrapped chicken:
- I went to Disney last weekend and rode the Rock n’ Roll coaster for the first time... fun picture:
- New threads: Fly?
- I downloaded Instagram
- Joined Pintrest.. not a bad way to collect recipes and workouts I want to try
Now a couple rants!
- First, I don’t know if any of you have listened to the podcasts! We haven’t had many questions come on or any comments. These take a lot to work and I really want to bring you guys a lot of benefit! Please let me know if you have any questions that we can answer and guests you’d like to see. I’ve got nutritionists, pro athletes, and health gurus lined up and I really want to keep this up!
- Next- I was watching the show “Fat Chef” on Food Network. I love Food Network and I appreciate what they are doing but it just highlights again to me how many (I didn’t say all!) “Registered Dietitians” really have no idea what they are doing. The nutritionist wanted to put a 340 pound woman on an 1,800 calorie diet. Clearly she had no idea about the actual laws of thermogenisis where that woman’s metabolism is actually going to be HIGHER than an average-weight person. Not to mention she’s probably burns twice as many calories as the average person as rest due to the fact of supporting and moving all that weight around and the calories needed to maintain it. The right way to do this is to lower calories below maintenance, but this is still going to be a significant amount of calories which will slowly be tapered down as the woman’s weight decreases proportionately. Sorry, but that just drives me crazy, same with the Biggest Loser, that these “Celebrity dietitians” don’t know things such as this. Sorry.
Ok, if you read one, read this one. My dad sent me an email last week asking if the changes I had made in my life lately were truly benefitting me. And he was asking completely earnestly. I took this back to my nutritionist as she has been helping me with a lot of things- prioritizing nutrition, sleep, and all that etc. Basically, she called me out real hard. I had to be honest with myself and my dad and to her! Have I done any of the plan that I’ve time, money, and focus on doing? NO! Not really. Yeah, I’ve changed my diet for the better, but what good is that if I am not sleeping enough and not making the lifestyle changes that will allow this better, healthier paleo diet to actually work!
How can I expect to increase my testosterone, beat the iron deficiency that has caused me to become anemic, and to release my fears and comforts with foods if I don’t take the first steps to get me there? So basically, I need to harden the fuck up and step it up. If I can focus so hard on the other things in my life like working out and eating, why can’t I put the remaining piece of the puzzle into place? I am committing to do (I’m sure you’re laughing and saying “gee Chuck, you’ve only said that a MILLION times!”) but now, the harsh reality that my nutritionist has brought to light has got me focused.
Thank you all for reading. Now go listen to my podcast!
- What questions do you have for the podcast? What guests would you like Max and I to have on the show? We really can get some “famous” people on there!
- Do you have any tasty recipes or ideas using coconut milk?
- What are you ranting and raving about this week